Monday, October 18, 2010

Just Passing Through..

Oh geeze. Where to begin??
Life has been pretty interesting. Let's start with ummm..
SCHOOL.
So I am half way through fall semester! It's been a hard semester. My classes are as challenging as I need them to be. Except Human Biology. My main challenge is actually going to class. I stacked my classes this semester so I'm done by 3:30 most every day. Except Human Biology Lab on Wednesday. And I'm doing well in most of my classes. Except Human Biology. My roommate once told me that third semester of college is the hardest. Not academically, it is just hard. I believe it is because we did a year of our best behavior freshman year and then sophomore year hit and you want to just play all the time. I just need to make it through the next two and half semesters and I will have my Associates Degree. I have that much of my life planned in concrete right now.
As for what am I going to do after Snow, I'm not sure. I hate planning too far ahead because things change. I see my life as a unfinished roller coaster. The next stretch is either a curve into the unknown or a stretch to build up speed. Right now I am sitting at the start of the ride slowly inching up the giant hill. My adult life is just beginning, and that is what this roller coaster is. It is just life.
FAMILY.
I do love my family. They are amazing. My mom has taken upon her another job. So she has a full time job and two part time jobs. She teaches special ed, and then piano after school, and she just took on homeschooling an autistic blind child. She is trying as hard as she can to pull our family out of our debt and we are so SO close. I just hope that we can continue down this path. I love my mother so much. She is so strong, if I can be half the woman she is when I become a mother I will leave this life happy.
I love my family. For they help me find who I am.
LOGAN.
Anyone who knows me knows that I have loved this kid for three years. He is handsome, kind, generous, and loves me back (which I have not figured out what I did to deserve that.) We are growing up. And many decisions are to be made. We have talked about marriage. We have talked about his mission. We have talked about Logan going to school. We talk constantly. But what it all boils down to is him making the decision. I will support him in anything that he wants to do. All I know is that pushing Logan to something that you think is right for him will push him the opposite direction. Take his parents for example, I love the dearly. I think they are wonderful. The more that they pressure him to finish his papers the more he does not want to go. I want Logan to serve his mission. Yes, I will miss him. But I know that when he goes he will have many experiences and life changing events that will make him to be an even greater man.
LIFE.
I know that life is supposed to be hard. I know that. I have been sent curve balls that seem to turn my whole world upside down. But I know that once I'm down the only place to go from there is up. So I will strive to look for the positive sights in life. :) Life is better when I'm optimistic.
Live. Your. Life.
Love,
Elora

No comments:

layout