Sunday, July 11, 2010

Everyone is Leaving...

This summer it seems like every one is leaving. It just proves to me that we are growing up. However, I am not sure I like that. I can't stop it and I should not be complaining for I am leaving to. I am escaping to the mountains. Or I guess working in the mountains for the rest of the summer. I am returning to Camp Steiner as the Nature Director. HAHA! I know it sounds like a joke, but I am totally serious. But mine is only for a few weeks. But everyone else are leaving for 2 years or forever. It breaks my heart, but in a good way because I believe everyone needs to live outside of Utah for a few years to really know what life it about.
Today I attended a farewell, I have attended quite a few, but I have a lot more to attend. Today was Taylor DeYoung!! That tall gangly kid will be Elder DeYoung for two years. He will do wonderful. It made me realize that my life needs to mean more than humbly (ha!) existing. I want to mean something to the world. I want to help make the world a better place. How shall I do that? I do not know. But I know I want to help.
I do need help now..
My life is coming upon many forks in my pathway and I don't know which one to take. Right or Left. Taking the Right (direction) path would mean me going back down to Ephraim and finishing my associates. Left: going out into the world with my PTCB license and working and working. If I do that I need to know where. So I would be walking into unmarked territory.
Both of which is very scary for me, because I don't want to choose the wrong one. I mean I know whichever path I choose the Lord will be with me helping me as much as He can. But I'd rather not make Him laugh by trying to plan out my own life. I just need opinions. So I can continue to leave/live or stay/live.
On a happy note, life is good. I just wish I could shake off this cold. That would be amazing.
I love you all.
Elora

No comments:

layout