Tuesday, May 4, 2010

PTCB test.

So school is out and I have passed all my classes! WooHoo! Spring semester just flew by. Granted my roommates and I had a ton of fun! Like dancing on the counter to relieve stress.
And laughing so hard our abs hurt for days and getting headaches from the cleaning supplies we used before moving out. I mean it was totally worth it, but I am very happy to be done. But when I left on Friday I was sad and happy to be getting out. Although I knew I wasn't finished yet. I was counting down the hours before I had to take my PTCB test on Monday May 3rd. That would be the Pharmacy Technician test. The test that would decide whether I could apply to get my license to be a tech. I procrastinated. I did not want to study. So I played instead. I don't know exactly what I did, but it was not studying. By Sunday though I knew I needed to study, but I wanted to watch America's Next Top Model with my mother. So my wants over came my needs. By Monday morning I was so nervous that I had a nightmare. It was me studying for my test and dinking around on my computer that when I looked down it was one o'clock in the afternoon and my test was at two and I had to be a half hour early! I hurried and rushed over to Logan's so he could drive and he was still sleeping!! I yelled and I panicked! And I didn't make it to my test and the testing center told me since I was late I could never be a technician. I woke up and I started to cry. I thought it was real! I hate dreaming sometimes.
Going to my test though I was way nervous and I asked Logan to stop at Liddiards so I could get a blessing of comfort from his dad. His dad couldn't so we went to Logan's grandpa on the south end of town. And it was already noon and I had to be at the testing center at 1:30. I was scrunched on time. I got the blessing and it was ok. I was still nervous. We got on the road and headed to Draper. Lunch time traffic sucks. But because it is me.... WE GOT LOST! Mapquest and GoogleMaps SUCKS. I started crying all over again. I was so agitated and nervous I got mean. When we finally found the center I found myself and just breathed. Logan walked me in and wished me luck and I started my test.
The people at the center were nice and everything, but I thought I was going to die during the test. 45% of my test was pharmacy calculations an math. I hate and stink at math! I was miserable and just did my best. It was a 90 question test, and by question 70 I had convinced myself that I had failed. I was almost ready to cry again. I finished the test and reviewed my questions and ended my test. I looked at the final screen and in little letters it said "result:pass" I PASSED MY PTCB Test!! I did it! I wanted to shout for JOY! But instead I just stared at the screen for half a minute before I left. I was happy! I got my Passed paper and walked to my car with an jig in my step. I did it! :)
May 4th.
SO I have had this feeling the my sister, Tasha, will pop any day now. She is pregnant and is due May 15th. Well, I think she will go into labor before then, so we have a no money pool going on. I have the days of May 4th and 9th. this morning Tasha asked me if I would take her to go take her preGED test at the Adult Ed place. No problem, we had to stop by the court house because Nick"s (my future brother-in-law) ankle monitor died so he needed to go get a new one. So we dropped him off and we headed up Vine Street. As we pass the high school she starts telling me that she doesn't feel well. I pull of the side of the road and she says that she needs water, I find her some and she is pale and clammy. I am freaking out inside, but she decides to just go back to the house so she can lie down. I go and pick Nick back up and when we come back into the house she is on my mom's bed in tears. We get a hold of my mom and I am supposed to keep track of the contractions time and length. Tasha was going into labor!!! I was so excited! My mom told us to get her walking so either the contractions would stop or keep going. So we walked around the block. A few times. When she got tired she went into her room full of energy and started cleaning. Nick said she was scared, however the contractions stopped. :( :) It is one of those happy sad moments. My belief is that God likes me to be right so she started to go into labor today but I got prideful, so He stopped them. haha. That is ok though, I still have the ninth to be right! I'm almost an official auntie!
Love, Elora!

4 comments:

Kaylee said...

omy hecka!! yaya for almost being an auntie and yaya for passing school!! woohoo!! I am proud of you!! yupp yupp!! crongats!

Our Family of Four said...

i am SO happy for you! smarty pants! i knew you would pass it no problemo:) i love you elora dene!

Arreana said...

Congrats babe! knew ya could do it!! And I totally get the nightmare thing, dreams are intense and the scary ones suck!!! hope your sis has the baby on the ninth!! love ya!!

Pharmacyworld said...

That so great. Lovely post. Visit here for more ptcb practise test papers.

layout