Saturday, May 22, 2010

Week of May 16 -18

This past week has been majorly busy. Lots of hussle and bussle and not enough time to do it in. But Ammmazingly enough everything got done with a few extras!

SUNDAY May 16---
It was a normal Sunday, sorta. One of my besties, Aaron Hathaway got his mission call and he invited me over to be there when he opened it. But it wasn't until 7 that night. So I went to church and it was decided that I was going to do a musical number in Sacrament meeting and we practiced the song after church. But after that was done I went to get Logan and we drove to Aaron and kinda patiently waited for him to open his call. Once opened we found out that Aaron is being called to serve in the Bocolad, Philippines Mission on August 25, 2010. Then we played Clue with Aaron's family. It got pretty intense. It was a ton of fun.

MONDAY May 17---
I got up and got dressed and drove my sister, Tasha, around. And we waited for her OB appointment which was at four. At her appointment we found out that she would be induced on Wednesday night. She could have been induced on Monday but the Delivery/Labor had about 10 women in all about to pop. So we HAD to wait. But it was ok.Logan took me on a date and we got happy meals at McDonalds. It wasn't filling. But it was worth it. :) We decided to go to Stansbury High's closing night of "All Shook Up." It would be my third time seeing it. I loved every second of it. Stansbury should be proud. Logan enjoyed himself and found himself wanting to see it again a few days later. ;)

TUESDAY May 18---
I don't think anything specific or exciting happened on Tuesday. I did finish my book though. "A Bend in the Road" by Nicholas Sparks. I think he is my new favorite author. He expresses romance wonderfully and the book made me very jealous of the person being romanced. I would recommend reading it before Hollywood ruins the movie. Just saying. I don't know if they are making it into a movie and actually I doubt they will but read it before they do. It was an adventure reading the book. :)

WEDNESDAY May 19---It was a hectic day. Tasha had a few last minute items to deal with so I was driving her around. And she was cleaning her room and packing. And I was just trying to stay out of the way. In no time at all I was taking her to the hospital so she could get induced. At 8 o'clock we were in her Delivery room and she was changing into the gown. It all happened so quickly. But she was just staying calm. We stayed until around 10 that night and then headed
home. She was so ready to bring her son into the world. So she was scared she wouldn't sleep. But she did and Nick did not. Hahaha. He was cold and uncomfortable.

THURSDAY May 20---

By 7 o'clock Tasha was dilated 4 centimeters and she would get the epidural when she woke up. Once that was all situated she began to feel the contractions. And the baby distressed when she laid on her side. So she became uncomfortable. But with a few hours of contractions and 50 minutes of pushing her son was delivered by his daddy. Yes, Nick helped deliver his son. Although the umbilical cord was tangled around his head, Akadian's arm was preventing it from wrapping around his neck. So Akadian was born raising his hand. Tehee.
Akadian Nikolus was born at 1:52 pm and is 7 lbs 4 oz 19 1/4 inches long. He has a head full of hair and everything is just wonderful.
FRIDAY May 21---Everything was just so nice. I took Logan to work and watch T.V. and got ready for the day. Around noon Tasha called and told me to come get her because she was ready to go. Thirty minutes later I left to take Logan to lunch. Then around 2:30 my nephew came home. :) Tasha and Nick went for walks and Grams (my mommy) held her first grandson for hours.

After Logan got off work we decided that we wanted to go see "Letters to Juliet" at the Gateway theater. So we stopped and ate Apollo burger and then made it to the Gateway with ten minutes to spare. However, parking was a night mare so we almost missed the beginning of the movie. But we walked quickly and bought our tickets went to the bathroom and went into the theater. We made it in time to see the "Eclipse" trailor and then the movie started. I loved the movie! I love romantic movies. :) It was raining so we got to my car and headed home. We get into Erda and I run out of gas. So 40 minutes later we got to go home. By this time it was after 11 and we were so so tired. I dropped him off and went home. I crawled into my bed and I was out.

SATURDAY May 22---At 5:05 this morning my bladder woke me up and then my phone went off. I received a text from my big brother Adam saying his son was brought into the world. I love babies. This week has been pretty eventful. :-) and I have loved every minute of it. !!!

Love Elora!

2 comments:

Arreana said...

awe Elora thats amazing!! I'm so happy for all your happiness It's wonderful. I love the name akadian soooo cute. one of the names i always like when daydreaming about babies was arkarian.. ha kinda similar. love you! lets hang out soon! i'm in tooly down!

Kaylee said...

Arreana that name is interesting!!

Congrats new auntie!!! yaya can't wait to meet him!!! :) He is just about as adorable as ever!!
<3

layout